Why is it important to repair my brakes?
- Brakes are vital for vehicle safety. Typically, cars have Traditional brakes and an Anti-lock braking system (ABS). Braking systems usually consist of the rotor, caliper, and brake pads (or shoes). It is important to note that if your brake pads are not or replaced it may also result in the replacement of rotors.
- Due to their daily use brakes should be checked on a regular basis for optimal protection and performance.
When should I bring in my vehicle for a brake inspection?
- Wheel Tec experts recommend having your vehicle’s brakes assessed at least once a year. Keep in mind that if you are often in city traffic or live in an area with a hill you should consider checking your brakes more frequently.
What should I look out for when driving?
- A scraping or grinding noise when the car is in motion – this may be due to a brake or bearing issue, and requires an immediate inspection
- Loud squeaking when braking
- If you notice you are adding more pressure to brake than regularly
- If your vehicle is shaking or vibrating when braking
How can I help preserve my brakes?
- Brake fluid should be checked and replaced as needed
- Parking brake should not be on while driving
- Brakes should be checked once a year by a professional, and more often if you commute in city traffic, or terrain with hills